Sunday, January 10, 2010

Anthony Gatto opens with La Nouba





Anthony opened today in Orlando with Curque's production of La Nouba. For those of you who do not tune into JuggleTalk, Anthony's forum, here are a few posts from the day before and also on opening day...

I start performing tomorrow at downtown Disney in Cirque du Soleil's production "La Nouba." It's a totally different style show than Kooza of course. I am working with a chicken character as my assistant as well as some minor involvement with Les Cons(4 white clowns). My entrance is spectacular, the chicken throws a yellow ball down an elevator shaft, then suddenly you see a ball going up and down, soon I arrive on the lift bouncing the ball.

I am also incorporated into the beginning parade where I'll finally get to use the 3 large balls that I have been working on. It's weird lighting there, so I won't be brave enough to do anything crazy at least for a while. In addition I will juggle a small part in the finale of the show. The show is awesome, I am not just saying that because I work there. It has a party like feel to it and it's just a lot of fun.
Come see me there... give me a week to get adjusted please;)
A.G.


The premier kicked ass! Two perfect shows, which is how I like to open. The second was harder than the first because as every seasoned performer knows, one tends to relax after opening having had a show under their belt. But, the second was was actually better! I felt more comfortable but was aware of the possibility of mistakes occurring. Management was extremely happy and called me "the future of La Nouba." that's pretty fantastic when dealing with a corporation as Large as Cirque du Soleil.

For some reason, my hands are cracked open all over the place. It could be because of the extensive rehearsals, and not having time to apply my special hand cream and really let it soak in. But it's quite painful I can tell you. I have two days off now and hope the hands will recover by Tuesday.

A.G.

No comments: