Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Paddle Ball Guinness World Record is "Official"...

Guinness World Record #2 , For The Paddle Ball King
Ok,
I know it's not juggling, but it is my blog, and if I want to mention something exciting in my life, I will do it here, even if it is just peripherally related to juggling.
As some of you may know, and even participated in, I organized an attempt for a Guinness World Record for "The Most People Controlling Paddle Balls At The Same Time" back in Sept. 3, 2011. Well, I "finally" got my certificate in the mail yesterday to make it "official", only to find out that the record was beaten on Jan 25, 2012 (just recently) at corporate event for Johnson & Johnson in the UK. We set the record at 356, held it for almost 5 months and then they beat it with 412. Kind of sucks to find out about winning a record at the same time as finding out that you no longer hold it! Oh well, I guess that's life in the realm of World Records, I guess. The best thing I can do is attempt to beat it and reclaim my/our record. I have already put the wheels in motion for this to happen. I have applied for and received Guinness' approval for a certified attempt to beat the newly establishes record and reclaim it for its rightful owners. Here is a link to a news story on this...

No comments: